There are…maybe…5? things better than a really good chocolate chip cookie. The crispy outside, gooey-ass inside, chocolate overload sensation…all crucial aspects to the full body CCC experience. Luckily for all of you fine people, I have perfected what I think is the ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe. Now, of course, “perfect” is not the same for everyone – some people like them thin and crispy, some people like them super puffy, some people use melted butter – but I do none of those things. This is a recipe that can be thrown together quickly, win you friends, get you out of traffic tickets, make your hair shiny, satisfy your sweet tooth, and grant you wishes.
Okay…only a few of those things are true. Probably.
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar – light or dark
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups (12 oz, if you can measure) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, coarse but not large grain
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating an additional 2 minutes
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt with flour (I like to whisk it together) and add gradually add into the sugar mixture. You’ll notice the dough getting thick – this is a very good thing.
- Once everything is combined, add chocolate chips and stir in by hand until evenly distributed
- Using your handy dandy cookie scoop (or tablespoon), drop onto greased (or SILPAT-ed!) cookie sheet, roughly 2 inches in between each ball
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, rotating halfway through
- Let cool on the sheet for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack
- Eat all of them immediately and don’t share with anyone 🙂
Enjoy these, thoroughly. With milk, or in bulk – both are valid options.